2008 PanAm: The Coundown Begins

It is hard to believe but in just one week I will be boarding a plane to Dallas/Ft. Worth where I will meet up with Todd Landon and crew for the long road trip to Tuxtla Gutierrez in the southernmost region of Mexico to begin our La Carrera Panamericana adventure!

The 2008 La Carrera Panamericana runs from October 24 - 30 and races 2,000 miles along the following route:

Day 0: Prerace Qualifications in Tuxtla Gutierrez
Day 1: To Oaxaca
Day 2: To Mexico City
Day 3: To Queretaro
Day 4: To San Luis Potosi
Day 5: To Aguascalientes
Day 6: To Zacatecas
Day 7: To Nuevo Laredo



The combined teams of Geezer's TumbaBurros de Zacatecas (TBZ) and Todd Landon's Mustangs To Go include:

#11 "El Jefe" (Stewart)
1952 Ford Victoria
Vance Stewart Jr., Rene Rodriguez, Vance Stewart III, Kristin Stewart
Turismo de Produccion

#372 "Bag O'Nails" (Landon)
1965 Mustang Fastback R-Model
Richard Tyzack and Simon Jefferies
Historica C

#358 "Gypsy Wind" (Landon)
1965 Mustang Fastback R-Model
Jon Gross and Martin McGlone
Historica C

#370 "Bobcat" (Landon)
1964 Ford Falcon
Marc Devis and Rupert Clevely
Historica C

The full roster can be found at http://www.lacarrerapanamericana.com.mx/participantes.asp

Two weeks ago Todd and I were kayaking in the far northern reaches of Minnesota near the Boundary Waters where the water was still, the silence was deafening and there were very few two-legged beings around .......and we reflected on how our upcoming time in Mexico would be the polar opposite - loud, raucous, full of adrenaline, raw, fast, crowded, dangerous. And I realized that I love both extremes - they both bring me joy. And I cannot wait to have the intense time with my loved ones - family, friends and my dear see-you-once-a-year PanAm homies. See you all very soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2007: One Less Grasshopper in Oaxaca

2012 La Carrera Panamericana: Day 3 WTF 5-Car Crash

For Sale: My 1977 Honda Civic CVCC Hatchback $3500