2020 Bonneville World Finals - Salty Adventures!

 In a world gone mad, it was absolutely amazing to be on the salt for 5 days and let all of those worries disappear and get raw!  The salt was hard and dry and FAST!  The best it's been in many years.  

I will update this later with more stories, all in all, my British Motorcycle Association of Colorado (BMAC) team had a blast and came home with 2 land speed records!  Frank Puckett on his BSA 350 and Craig Kramer on Frank's Honda 100cc.  George Nachtsheim had a learning curve of a year running nitro for the first time in his Triumph.  

And racing in conjunction with BMAC for but La Bandida Racing, Scott Groff ran as a rookie and after 4 runs hit 60 mph on my 1971 Honda SL125 AKA The Sherminator.  And I hit 65 mph on Sherm, which is the fastest he's ever gone, on an old record of 57 mph.  Sherm has 7 land speed records and as of 2019 Speed Week, records in both classes were thoroughly trounced by Team McLeish.  Hehe, way to go, Derek!

I didn't come close to a record but knew that and the whole point of running was to see if the work paid off, and it did.  Thank you to George for replacing the turbo and streamlining the turbo lines, stripping off the front brake and more.  Thank you to Frank for letting me run on his dyno several times, enabling us to dial in the air to fuel ratio (AFR) and tweak the timing.  It worked!  Now I am back to the drawing board to see what else we can do to Sherm to keep him running solidly as the BMAC rookie bike, and planning my build for my new 1970 Honda CL350 (I want to go 100 mph on it!).  

Great to see you on the salt!  My heart is happy!

Kristin Stewart on the Sherminator

Scott Groff AKA White Lightning on the Sherminator

Frank Puckett

George Nachtsheim

Email: LaBandidaRacing@gmail.com
Instagram: LaBandidaRacing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2007: One Less Grasshopper in Oaxaca

2012 La Carrera Panamericana: Day 3 WTF 5-Car Crash

2013: La Carrera Panamericana BEST FINISH EVER for TBZ Racing